My Weight Loss Journey

 Mind over matter.


My weight has fluctuated dramatically over the last four years. I've always been a standard size for my height, and I used to work out three times a week to stay in shape during my adolescence. In college, something happened to me that caused me to entirely lose myself. I lost interest in everything I enjoyed, and I had no idea who I was or wanted to be. I'm sure some people will think I was depressed, and perhaps I was. IDK. However, I was in a "funk" that lasted a long time. I had no idea who I wanted to talk to or what I wanted to say to them. So I carried on with my life in a funk. I gained weight and lost interest in myself. For some people, weight gain is something that may be easily reversed by following a diet and exercising. However, for some of us, exercising and eating a balanced diet are easier said than done. I'd go grocery shopping and buy nutritious food, but it didn't really matter. Something else was on my thoughts. Last year, I recall weeping to my mother about wanting to lose weight but not knowing where to begin. My mother decided that hiring a personal trainer and a nutritionist would be beneficial to me. She held me accountable and pushed me to visit my trainer twice a week anytime I wanted to revert to my old eating habits. Weight reduction isn't complicated, but our brain makes it seem that way. Is it difficult to eat healthily? In a way. Is working out difficult? In a way. I just say kind of because it gets easier after you get used to it. Eating healthy isn't that bad once you start experimenting with healthier meal options. Fitness becomes fun, even therapeutic, if you start working out regularly and develop your own rhythm.


I understand that losing weight is difficult, and believe me when I say that I am still not where I want to be. But I try to set a new goal and hold myself accountable every month. I consume a healthy diet, but not so healthy that I begin to crave junk foods. I try to exercise as often as possible. I've discovered a few workouts that I enjoy and that aren't too difficult for me to do. Walking on the treadmill for an hour a day while listening to my favorite podcasts is one of my favorite things to do. I decided to start blogging on this site because I know there are a lot of people out there who, like me, want to see changes in their diet and bodies but are unable to do so due to a variety of factors. Trust me, I've been there before, and I'm still struggling a year into my health journey. All you have to do now is remind yourself that everyone is dealing with something, and yours is weight reduction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do weight loss pills really work?

How to sleep quickly? These 10 hacks will help you sleep better tonight

Leeds United vs Man City